By Alessandro Figá-Talamanca,Claudio Nebbia
Read or Download Harmonic Analysis and Representation Theory for Groups Acting on Homogenous Trees (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series) PDF
Best group theory books
Translation of the French variation
This e-book bargains a entire creation to the overall thought of C*-algebras and von Neumann algebras. starting with the fundamentals, the idea is built via such issues as tensor items, nuclearity and exactness, crossed items, K-theory, and quasidiagonality. The presentation conscientiously and accurately explains the most good points of every a part of the idea of operator algebras; most vital arguments are at the least defined and plenty of are provided in complete aspect.
Those notes deal with in complete element the idea of representations of the gang of automorphisms of a homogeneous tree. The unitary irreducible representations are categorized in 3 kinds: a continual sequence of round representations; specific representations; and a countable sequence of cuspidal representations as outlined by means of G.
This is often the second one of 3 volumes dedicated to undemanding finite p-group conception. just like the 1st quantity, thousands of significant effects are analyzed and, in lots of instances, simplified. vital themes provided during this monograph contain: (a) class of p-groups all of whose cyclic subgroups of composite orders are basic, (b) type of 2-groups with precisely 3 involutions, (c) proofs of Ward's theorem on quaternion-free teams, (d) 2-groups with small centralizers of an involution, (e) category of 2-groups with precisely 4 cyclic subgroups of order 2n > 2, (f) new proofs of Blackburn's theorem on minimum nonmetacyclic teams, (g) class of p-groups all of whose subgroups of index p2 are abelian, (h) type of 2-groups all of whose minimum nonabelian subgroups have order eight, (i) p-groups with cyclic subgroups of index p2 are categorized.
- Model Theory of Groups and Automorphism Groups (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- 3-D Spinors, Spin-Weighted Functions and their Applications (Progress in Mathematical Physics)
- Introduction to Complex Reflection Groups and Their Braid Groups (Lecture Notes in Mathematics)
- Introduction to Ring Theory (Springer Undergraduate Mathematics Series)
- Geometry and Cohomology in Group Theory (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- Galois Groups and Fundamental Groups (Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics)
Extra resources for Harmonic Analysis and Representation Theory for Groups Acting on Homogenous Trees (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)