By Priscilla Dass-Brailsford
This textual content presents pros with the abilities had to successfully support survivors of failures, together with storm Katrina, with therapeutic, restoration, and resilience. This finished assortment contains strong, direct money owed of first responders and the enterprises they signify. Taking a realistic, skill-building procedure, it deals transparent and pragmatic ideas to aid services, educators, advocates, and policymakers greater know the way to fulfill the desires of youngsters, households, and groups within the aftermath of failures.
- Provides a considerable evaluate of the present theoretical and examine literature on mess ups and catastrophe response
- Emphasizes multicultural competency within the aftereffects of disasters
- Uses a pragmatic skill-building method of strengthen expertise in trouble work
- Covers the religious dimensions of therapeutic in addition to funeral practices to motivate dialogue on grief and mourning
This booklet is a must have reference for psychological overall healthiness practitioners. For graduate scholars of counseling, psychology, or social paintings, challenge and catastrophe Counseling will make clear how concept and learn should be utilized to perform and policy.
Read or Download Crisis and Disaster Counseling: Lessons Learned From Hurricane Katrina and Other Disasters PDF
Similar psychological counselling books
This can be the kind of booklet teachers, trainees, and clinicians need—a brief textual content that demystifies the case conceptualization approach and offers a streamlined approach for studying and getting to know this competency. It offers an integrative version for conceptualizing situations, dispels universal myths approximately case conceptualization, and gives trouble-free guidance and techniques for learning this crucial competency.
The basic crisis of psychotherapy is switch. whereas practitioners are consistently greeted with new concepts, strategies, courses, and interventions, this publication argues that the entire merits of the healing approach can't be discovered with no primary revision of the idea that of switch itself.
You frequently see books on theoretical methods and new interventions in treatment, yet you infrequently, if ever, discover a booklet the place therapists talk about their own reactions to and perspectives of the remedy they give. during this remarkable quantity, stories from relatives treatment: Life-Changing medical stories, psychologists, psychotherapists, and marriage and kin counselors come jointly to percentage their precise reviews in remedy classes and the way they’ve realized that regularly the consumers comprehend greater than they do!
An up to date model of the best-selling therapist-to-coach transition textual content. along with his bestselling Therapist As existence trainer, Pat Williams brought the healing neighborhood to the profession of lifestyles trainer, and in turning into a certified lifestyles trainer he and Diane Menendez coated the entire simple rules and techniques for potent training.
- The Case Formulation Approach to Cognitive-Behavior Therapy (Guides to Individualized Evidence-Based Treatment)
- Practical Skills and Clinical Management of Alcoholism and Drug Addiction (Elsevier Insights)
- Single-Session Integrated CBT (SSI-CBT): Distinctive features (CBT Distinctive Features)
- Fare pace con il passato: Un'introduzione alle Costellazioni Familiari (Italian Edition)
- Incorporating Progress Monitoring and Outcome Assessment into Counseling and Psychotherapy: A Primer
- Séduisez qui vous voulez: 88 règles d'or de la séduction, pour une nuit ou pour la vie (COUPLE) (French Edition)
Extra info for Crisis and Disaster Counseling: Lessons Learned From Hurricane Katrina and Other Disasters