By Jenny Altschuler
Building on its profitable first version, this article attracts on contemporary advancements in examine and medical perform in offering a theoretical and functional framework for operating with disease. completely revised in its moment version, this book:
• positive factors new chapters at the cultural constructs of sickness, operating with migrant households, disease in later existence, dying and palliative care and supervision
• Explores problems with operating with variety, overlaying gender, type, race and sexuality
• Discusses the impression of operating with these dealing with severe affliction on future health care pros, supplying techniques for decreasing the dangers of burnout, compassion fatigue and secondary traumatisation
Written by means of a famous specialist within the box, this cutting edge and demanding ebook presents crucial insights for execs operating or education to paintings with these dealing with disease and loss of life, together with medical professionals, nurses, counsellors, psychologists, psychotherapists and social staff.
Read Online or Download Counselling and Psychotherapy for Families in Times of Illness and Death (Basic Texts in Counselling and Psychotherapy) PDF
Similar psychological counselling books
This can be the kind of publication teachers, trainees, and clinicians need—a brief textual content that demystifies the case conceptualization procedure and offers a streamlined process for studying and learning this competency. It offers an integrative version for conceptualizing circumstances, dispels universal myths approximately case conceptualization, and gives effortless directions and methods for studying this crucial competency.
The basic quandary of psychotherapy is switch. whereas practitioners are always greeted with new suggestions, strategies, courses, and interventions, this ebook argues that the whole merits of the healing approach can't be discovered with out primary revision of the concept that of switch itself.
You frequently see books on theoretical ways and new interventions in remedy, yet you infrequently, if ever, discover a ebook the place therapists speak about their own reactions to and perspectives of the treatment they provide. during this impressive quantity, stories from kin remedy: Life-Changing scientific studies, psychologists, psychotherapists, and marriage and kin counselors come jointly to percentage their exact reports in remedy periods and the way they’ve realized that regularly the consumers understand greater than they do!
An up-to-date model of the best-selling therapist-to-coach transition textual content. together with his bestselling Therapist As existence trainer, Pat Williams brought the healing neighborhood to the occupation of existence trainer, and in turning into a qualified existence trainer he and Diane Menendez lined the entire easy rules and methods for powerful training.
- Understanding Emotional Problems: The REBT Perspective
- Mindful Therapeutic Care for Children: A Guide to Reflective Practice
- Jung - L'anima e il matrimonio (Italian Edition)
- Väter und ihre Söhne: Eine besondere Beziehung (German Edition)
- The Counselor's Guide for Facilitating the Interpretation of Dreams: Family and Other Relationship Systems Perspectives
- Family Therapy and the Autism Spectrum: Autism Conversations in Narrative Practice
Additional resources for Counselling and Psychotherapy for Families in Times of Illness and Death (Basic Texts in Counselling and Psychotherapy)