By Oleg Bogopolski,Inna Bumagin,Olga Kharlampovich,Enric Ventura
Read or Download Combinatorial and Geometric Group Theory: Dortmund and Ottawa-Montreal conferences (Trends in Mathematics) PDF
Similar group theory books
Translation of the French version
This publication bargains a finished creation to the final thought of C*-algebras and von Neumann algebras. starting with the fundamentals, the idea is built via such issues as tensor items, nuclearity and exactness, crossed items, K-theory, and quasidiagonality. The presentation rigorously and accurately explains the most gains of every a part of the idea of operator algebras; most crucial arguments are at the least defined and lots of are offered in complete element.
Those notes deal with in complete aspect the speculation of representations of the crowd of automorphisms of a homogeneous tree. The unitary irreducible representations are labeled in 3 varieties: a continuing sequence of round representations; detailed representations; and a countable sequence of cuspidal representations as outlined via G.
This is often the second one of 3 volumes dedicated to uncomplicated finite p-group concept. just like the 1st quantity, hundreds and hundreds of significant effects are analyzed and, in lots of situations, simplified. very important subject matters provided during this monograph contain: (a) type of p-groups all of whose cyclic subgroups of composite orders are common, (b) class of 2-groups with precisely 3 involutions, (c) proofs of Ward's theorem on quaternion-free teams, (d) 2-groups with small centralizers of an involution, (e) class of 2-groups with precisely 4 cyclic subgroups of order 2n > 2, (f) new proofs of Blackburn's theorem on minimum nonmetacyclic teams, (g) category of p-groups all of whose subgroups of index p2 are abelian, (h) category of 2-groups all of whose minimum nonabelian subgroups have order eight, (i) p-groups with cyclic subgroups of index p2 are labeled.
- Arbeitstagung Bonn 2013: In Memory of Friedrich Hirzebruch (Progress in Mathematics)
- The p-adic Simpson Correspondence (AM-193) (Annals of Mathematics Studies)
- Abstract Algebra (Graduate Texts in Mathematics)
- Chow Rings, Decomposition of the Diagonal, and the Topology of Families (AM-187) (Annals of Mathematics Studies)
- Symplectic 4-Manifolds and Algebraic Surfaces: Lectures given at the C.I.M.E. Summer School held in Cetraro, Italy, September 2-10, 2003 (Lecture Notes in Mathematics)
- Introduction to the Mori Program (Universitext)
Extra info for Combinatorial and Geometric Group Theory: Dortmund and Ottawa-Montreal conferences (Trends in Mathematics)