By Minjia Shi,Adel Alahmadi,Patrick Solé
Codes and jewelry: idea and perform is a scientific assessment of literature that specializes in codes over jewelry and jewelry performing on codes. because the step forward works on quaternary codes within the Nineties, 20 years of analysis have moved the sector some distance past its unique outer edge. This booklet fills this hole via consolidating effects scattered within the literature, addressing classical in addition to utilized facets of earrings and coding concept.
New learn lined by way of the booklet encompasses skew cyclic codes, decomposition idea of quasi-cyclic codes and similar codes and duality over Frobenius earrings. basically compatible for ring theorists at PhD point engaged in program learn and coding theorists attracted to algebraic foundations, the paintings can be invaluable to computational scientists and dealing cryptologists within the area.
- Consolidates 20+ years of analysis in a single quantity, aiding researchers keep time within the review of disparate literature
- Discusses duality formulation within the context of Frobenius rings
- Reviews decomposition of quasi-cyclic codes lower than ring action
- Evaluates the fitting and modular constitution of skew-cyclic codes
- Supports purposes in info compression, allotted garage, community coding, cryptography and throughout error-correction
Read or Download Codes and Rings: Theory and Practice (Pure and Applied Mathematics) PDF
Best group theory books
Translation of the French variation
This ebook deals a accomplished creation to the final conception of C*-algebras and von Neumann algebras. starting with the fundamentals, the speculation is built via such issues as tensor items, nuclearity and exactness, crossed items, K-theory, and quasidiagonality. The presentation conscientiously and accurately explains the most positive factors of every a part of the idea of operator algebras; most vital arguments are at the least defined and plenty of are offered in complete aspect.
Those notes deal with in complete element the speculation of representations of the crowd of automorphisms of a homogeneous tree. The unitary irreducible representations are categorized in 3 kinds: a continual sequence of round representations; targeted representations; and a countable sequence of cuspidal representations as outlined by means of G.
This is often the second one of 3 volumes dedicated to hassle-free finite p-group concept. just like the 1st quantity, enormous quantities of significant effects are analyzed and, in lots of situations, simplified. vital issues offered during this monograph contain: (a) class of p-groups all of whose cyclic subgroups of composite orders are common, (b) category of 2-groups with precisely 3 involutions, (c) proofs of Ward's theorem on quaternion-free teams, (d) 2-groups with small centralizers of an involution, (e) class of 2-groups with precisely 4 cyclic subgroups of order 2n > 2, (f) new proofs of Blackburn's theorem on minimum nonmetacyclic teams, (g) type of p-groups all of whose subgroups of index p2 are abelian, (h) category of 2-groups all of whose minimum nonabelian subgroups have order eight, (i) p-groups with cyclic subgroups of index p2 are categorized.
- Stratified Lie Groups and Potential Theory for Their Sub-Laplacians (Springer Monographs in Mathematics)
- Theory of Association Schemes (Springer Monographs in Mathematics)
- Symmetries (Springer Undergraduate Mathematics Series)
- Lie Groups: 225 (Graduate Texts in Mathematics)
Extra info for Codes and Rings: Theory and Practice (Pure and Applied Mathematics)