By Ash Lee
By Torgrim Sneve Guttormsen,Grete Swensen
By Hali R. Keeler
This fabric is written in transparent language with functional examples of ways functionality can give a contribution to exemplary library carrier. it really is aligned with the ALA help employees criteria and prepares library aid employees to:
- Know the best way to use an built-in library method and different acceptable on-line tools.
- Know the fundamental rules of assortment improvement and management.
- Assist with judgements concerning choice, de-selection, retention and substitute of every kind of library resources.
- Know the elemental ideas, and will follow, the perfect approaches to the approaches that offer clients with entry to a large choice of content.
- Know some of the ways that content material, in a number of codecs, is produced and dispensed to libraries.
- Understand the worth of source sharing agreements and observe them to assortment decisions.
- Know and use the famous average evaluative assets to help with assortment development.
- Know the foundations and simple practices concerning the maintenance of library resources.
- Apply acceptable tools and methods for actual training of library resources
- Explain and practice regulations relating to library collections.
By Cornelia Vonhof,Eva Haas-Betzwieser
Dienstleistungen von Bibliotheken und Informationseinrichtungen entstehen in Prozessen. Insofern gehen jede Bibliothek und die dort Beschäftigten tagtäglich mit Prozessen um. Dennoch ist die bewusste examine, Gestaltung und Steuerung von Prozessen für viele Mitarbeitende in Bibliotheken Neuland. Das Buch ist eine fundierte, praktische Handreichung, die grundlegendes Handwerkszeug für die Prozessarbeit vermittelt. Checklisten, Vorlagen, Tipps und Fallbeispiele unterstützen Bibliotheken aller Sparten bei der praktischen Anwendung. Übungen und Impulsfragen regen zur Reflexion über die Zielsetzung und den Umgang mit den Ergebnissen der Prozessarbeit an.
By Robin Chin Roemer,Rachel Borchardt
Starting with the basic histories of bibliometrics and altmetrics, and carrying on with with in-depth descriptions of the center instruments and rising concerns at stake sooner or later of either fields, "Meaningful Metrics" is a handy all-in-one source that's designed for use by means of a number readers, from people with little to no heritage at the topic to these trying to develop into movers and shakers within the present scholarly metrics circulate. Authors Borchardt and Roemer, supply tips, methods, and real-world examples illustrate how librarians can aid the profitable adoption of study metrics, no matter if of their associations or throughout academia as a whole.
By Suzanna Conrad
Critics cite the necessity to enforce public library carrier versions regardless of functional difficulties.
This publication investigates kingdom, nationwide and overseas rules on felony libraries, studies literature at the subject and describes partnerships among prisons and public libraries. effects from a countrywide survey and follow-up interviews are integrated, offering a whole narrative of coverage results in U.S. prisons.
By John M. Budd
- What is information?
- What is details literacy?
- What roles do educational libraries play in greater schooling this present day?
- How do we successfully teach librarians?
- What are the moral and ethical bases of the library and data professions?
- What is the way forward for librarianship?
Written via John M. Budd, considered one of librarianship’s most-respected educators and the writer of twelve past books, and copublished with Beta Phi Mu, the overseas Honor Society for librarianship, this can be bound to develop into considered one of profession’s so much talked-about books.
By Denise Fourie,Nancy Loe
The ebook Library Media Connection stated as anything "all librarians have to have on their cabinets" is now completely revised for state-of-the-art 21st-century library atmosphere. protecting either know-how and library practices, the identify has been a go-to textual content for librarians and library college scholars given that 2002.
• completely revises and updates a favored textual content for LIS or LTA courses that may even be utilized in MLIS curricula and for four-year courses in library stories and knowledge studies
• offers a succinct creation to the library and a realistic evaluate of the sphere from pro practitioners
• Brings jointly learnings from educational, public, exact, and faculty libraries in addition to information and historic firms, featuring fabric with either intensity and breadth
• Is appropriate as an advent for library investment companies and public library trustees or boards
By Margaret Procter,Michael Cook
By Stefan Walter,Gernot (Eds.) Kaiser,Gernot Kaiser