By Aaron T. Smith
Read Online or Download A Theology of the Third Article: Karl Barth and the Spirit of the Word PDF
Similar christian theology books
Considering that its preliminary ebook in 1965, The Secular urban has been hailed as a vintage for its nuanced exploration of the relationships one of the upward thrust of city civilization, the decline of hierarchical, institutional faith, and where of the secular inside society. Now, part a century later, this overseas top vendor continues to be as proper as while it first seemed.
Hail Mary? examines the sexist and misogynist subject matters that underlie the socially developed non secular imagery of Mary, the mum of Jesus. Maurice Hamington explores the resources for 3 popular Marian photographs: Mary because the "the blessed Virgin," Mary, the "Mediatrix"; and Mary, "the moment Eve. " Hamington reviews those pictures for the valorization of sexist forces with the Catholic Church that serve to take care of platforms of oppression opposed to girls.
Towards the top of his profession, Karl Barth made the provocative assertion that maybe what Schleiermacher used to be as much as was once a “theology of the third-article” and that he expected sooner or later real third-article theology would seem. Many interpreters, in fact, took that to point not just a transformation in Barth’s notion of Schleiermacher but in addition as a self-referential critique.
Until eventually rather lately, sophiology used to be nearly fullyyt neglected by means of Western theologians. the trendy West discovered approximately sophiology from the Russians, the impression of that is palpable within the theological aesthetics of Hans Urs von Balthasar and within the Mariology of Louis Bouyer, to call purely the obvious examples.
- Dust Bound for Heaven: Explorations in the Theology of Thomas Aquinas
- Ecumenism Today: The Universal Church in the 21st Century: 0
- C. S. Lewis and a Problem of Evil: An Investigation of a Pervasive Theme (Princeton Theological Monograph Series Book 96)
- Can God Create a Rock So Big He Can't Move It?
- Creative Exchange: A Constructive Theology of African American Religious Experience (Innovations: African American Religious Thought)
- Divine Freedom and the Doctrine of the Immanent Trinity: In Dialogue with Karl Barth and Contemporary Theology (T&t Clark Studies in Systematic Theology)
Additional info for A Theology of the Third Article: Karl Barth and the Spirit of the Word