By Terry Ballard
Everyone is familiar with that manhattan keeps one of many nice library structures on the earth - the 2 lions that protect the forty second road library one of the most vital icons within the urban. much less renowned are a bunch of strong point libraries that experience grown up round the wealthy highbrow and cultural lifetime of big apple urban. there are various libraries that serve genealogical researchers, but in addition libraries catering to Spanish, German, French and Russian audio system. there's a library of books approximately canines and one who relies at the paintings of Carl Jung. A library in Staten Island assessments out instruments to owners rebuilding after typhoon Sandy. Fifty uniqueness Libraries of latest York City should be a travel of hugely really expert yet publicly obtainable libraries in big apple and the Outer Boroughs. In every one case, entry is defined, and an interview with the director or manager is gifted. This ebook is a special details resource for all these librarians and researchers attracted to the wealthy cultural historical past of recent York’s libraries.
- Goes past the listing layout to offer considerate remark and interview fabric on each one library
- Refers the reader to present information
- Written through a librarian with 50 years’ event of public, educational, and unique libraries, and with a deep feeling for brand spanking new York
- Gives an account of fifty speciality libraries of recent York urban, from small subscription libraries to the UN Library
- Presents info on libraries which are little-known and broadly precious in New York
Read or Download 50 Specialty Libraries of New York City: From Botany to Magic PDF
Best library & information science books
Beginning an documents is designed for institutional directors, archivists, and files managers wondering starting a old documents application of their association. The e-book covers the choice making method which should still precede the institution of an archival application, outlines the 1st steps invaluable at the beginning of an archival software, and introduces easy archival services to readers.
This informative quantity specializes in the powerful administration of library records, proposing views and firsthand bills from skilled and profitable directors within the box. The individuals study the diversities and similarities within the administration of files and different library/information facilities, delivering important insights into quite a few managment types, judgements, and making plans suggestions.
Written as a expertise advisor for college kids, practitioners, and directors, the point of interest of this booklet is on introducing present and destiny traits in library know-how and automation in the better context of strategic and structures making plans, implementation, and non-stop development. know-how is a vital source for achieving either organizational and customer objectives, and making plans must emphasize the alignment among the basically outlined objectives of every.
This venture bargains a serious review of ways on-line actions and systems have gotten a huge resource for the creation and advertising of women’s motion pictures. encouraged through a transnational feminist framework, Maule examines blogs, web pages, on-line companies and initiatives relating to women’s filmmaking in an interrogation of the very that means of women’s cinema on the complicated intersection with electronic expertise and globalization.
- Images Libraries Museums/Arch (Visual Resources, Vol. XI, No. 1, 1995)
- Digital Preservation for Libraries, Archives, and Museums
- Hipertexto no cotidiano escolar (Coleção Trabalhando com… na escola) (Portuguese Edition)
- A Field Guide to the Information Commons
- Service-Learning and the Liberal Arts: How and Why It Works
- Inspired Collaboration: Ideas for Discovering and Applying Your Potential
Additional info for 50 Specialty Libraries of New York City: From Botany to Magic